Sunday, October 2, 2011

other references for comic research

These couple of months has been all work and no play for me. I admit I have been too focused with work, and neglecting my research. but I'm back now and make it up by reading numerous research papers. my brain is officially filled with words, sentences and more words. so, here are the pioneer and other comic researcher from all over the world that helped me so much in understanding about manga comics.



He is the first american to introduce manga in US. He helped by translating manga comics to english and thus, american has access to reading manga comics. his books, specifically these two titles; Manga! Manga! and Dreamland Japan helped to understand more on the diversity of manga comics. he also had been freiends with numerous japan artists such as Osamu Tezuka! how cool is that ey?

Paul Gravett is the writer of sixty years of manga comics, which i have been trying to get hold to for many months. (any ideas where to get this book? it wil cost about rm130 in ebay, might know somewhere more cheaper?) he is also an artist and incredible expert on comics.

will update more soon! hope i ll pass this semester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment